What does the ideal neighbourhood look like to you? Lots of space? An up-and-coming status? Tons of listings to choose from?
I hear you – better yet, I have a few suggestions for 3 neighbourhoods that hit those marks and more.
Here are 3 of The Best Neighbourhoods to Buy a House Right Now in the West End:
Those looking for spacious, luxurious homes with room to grow inside and out. Homes in this neighbourhood regularly feature 3-5 bedrooms and baths, as well as large landscaped backyards backing onto quiet greenspace (read: plenty of privacy and room to entertain).
Close to the highways, the airport, Toronto Golf Club, and Sherway Gardens.
- Average sold price for a detached home: $1 Million
- Average sold price for a townhouse: $772,000
- Average sold price for a condo: N/A
Those looking for more options in a less-populated neighbourhood. According to TREB’s January Market Watch, this area has the second-highest amount of active listings in all of West Toronto, so you’ll have plenty of homes to choose from during your search.
A waterfront location, lots of parks, close to Go Transit and highways that can take you downtown or out of the city with ease.
- Average sold price for a detached home: $989,000
- Average sold price for a townhouse: $790,000
- Average sold price for a condo: $419,000
Commuters looking to take advantage of the currently-under-construction Eglinton Crosstown LRT, opening in 2021. As our transit services grow, so do great real estate opportunities; you’ll see lower price points in this area compared to the more established neighbourhoods surrounding it.
The area has plenty of greenspace (including the Humber River Trail) and is close to the shops on St. Clair Avenue West and nightlife in The Junction.
- Average sold price for a detached home: $723,000
- Average sold price for a townhouse: $645,000
- Average sold price for a condo: $498,000
Want to talk more about finding the right neighbourhood in Toronto? Let’s grab a coffee!